If you are thinking of having something power washed, we encourage you to follow these steps:
Make a commitment to yourself to power wash your home or property. The longer it remains dirty, the more damage is being done to your image and your investment.
List your objectives. Do you want a real simple wash, something you could do yourself with a rented machine? Are you willing to place your investment into the hands of a company that offers the lowest price, knowing that they may not be in business tomorrow? Or do you want hire a knowledgeable, professional power washing company that you can trust to give you the quality job you deserve?
Ask the correct questions of a power washer before you hire him. The way to learn about a contractor is to ask specific questions and listen carefully to the answers. Here are some tough questions to ask a contractor before you decide to hire him.
- What is your cleaning process?
- What type of pressure washing equipment do you use?
- How much pressure do you use do you use to clean vinyl and decking?
- What type of cleaners do you use?
- How often should I have my house, gutters, etc cleaned?
- Do you have any before and after pictures I can see?
- Do you have any customer testimonials?
- Do you have any references?
- Are you insured in case you get hurt or damage anything?
Once you are satisfied that you are working with an honest, competent professional, invite him to your home and ask for a specific written estimate. A written estimate gives you the assurance that you know exactly what your job will cost.